We source and curate the best, and in some cases, the hardest to find Staedtler products - all of which work perfectly with your Battle Board. These are not the only writing instruments that work with our boards, simply our preference when on missions or during training. These are instruments we've spent a lot of time testing and searching for - now available in one place.
Staedtler grease pencils (aka dry markers) work great on smooth surfaces, especially for marking on glass and dark surfaces. They are intense and rich in color and feature a soft lead that is water-soluble. The pencils can be easily removed with water from smooth surfaces like metal sheets, lacquered and galvanized metal, rubber, PVC, leather, textiles, lacquered and coated wood, stone, glass, porcelain, and paper. They also work great on dark and transparent surfaces, even if they are dusty. Grease pencils are not as precise as the alcohol pens, but they are much faster and more versatile
- Lightfast and will resist fading when exposed to sunlight
- Odorless and will never dry up
- Will not lead to corrosion
- Heat resistant to various degrees of temperature, depending on color. Max 1832 degrees F (1000 degrees C) for black, and 392 degrees F (200 degrees C) for red and blue.
- Plot your position on polycarbonate or on laminated maps
- Write underwater or in the rain
- Erase marks on smooth surfaces quickly and thoroughly
- Plan operations with clear overlays
- Mark on laminated checklists
- Write on windows, Blue Force Tracker displays, and other screens