Petzl AMD Carabiner
Lightweight asymmetrical carabiner
The Am’D lightweight asymmetrical carabiner is made of aluminum. It has a D shape particularly suited for connection to equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. Its fluid interior design and Keylock system facilitate handling. It is available in the TWIST-LOCK manual system.
- Aluminum carabiner is lightweight to reduce equipment weight carried by the user
- D shape is particularly suited for connection to equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards
- Easier handling:
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- H cross-section:
- ensures an optimal strength/weight ratio
- protects markings from abrasion
- Available locking system:
- TWIST-LOCK: automatic locking with double-action gate opening
- May be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to keep it integrated with the device, and to limit the risk of it flipping
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use
Do you have questions about Battle Boards? We have some commonly asked questions with answers listed below.
1. What are your return and warranty policies?
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Battle Board purchase so we will accept your return/exchange anytime. If there is a warranty issue with your order, we will we'll cover the cost of shipping back to us. Shipping for exchanges or returns of non-warranty issues are non-refundable and will incur a calculated fee for the return shipping back to our warehouse.
Your return or exchange must be unused, in its original packaging, and with all protective films intact. Products returned that are used, missing original packaging, or have had their protective films removed will not qualify for a refund. A return that is received by Battle Board that does not conform with the above policies may be shipped back to the customer at their expense.
Once a return has been initiated you will receive a prepaid and traceable USPS shipping label. Please drop this off at your local USPS location as soon as possible. Please note that you are responsible for your package until it has been received by Battle Board.
When we receive your return/exchange we will do everything possible to process your return or exchange within 2-3 business days of receipt. Please note that shipping is non-refundable.
Exchanges will be processed as Store Credit, allowing you to place another order for the items you prefer.
Battle Board® gear is guaranteed to be free from defects in materials, craftsmanship, and product failures for life.
- We will either repair or replace your Battle Board product.
- Sometimes when fulfilling a warranty claim the original item you ordered may be out of stock. In this event we will happily issue you an online store credit that you can use at www.battleboard.us. Your store credit never expires and can be used on any product available through Battle Board.
We know that you, the Battle Board user, are getting out there in the most rigorous and austere of environments and are sometimes left out to fight against the elements. This is where our gear shines. Unfortunately though, we do not accept warranties for normal wear and tear or for gear that has been involved in an accident, modified, used against its intended use, exposed to extreme conditions (such as being left in a hot vehicle), or was purchased from a non-authorized reseller.
Warranty requests submitted for products purchased outside the United States will be handled on a case by case basis and may require additional shipping costs.
When submitting a warranty claim ensure that you select exchange for your reason for return and please write a short note explaining the issue you are experiencing.
Once your warranty return has been approved you will receive a prepaid and traceable USPS shipping label. Please drop this off at your local USPS location as soon as possible. Please note that you are responsible for your package until it has been received by Battle Board.
Please allow up to 5 business days for your warranty to be processed once it has been received by Battle Board.
2. Flat rate shipping, international shipping, confirmations, and packaging time:
Flat rate shipping applies to personal orders to the continental (lower 48) United States. APO/FPO, international, and unit/organizational orders do not qualify for flat rate shipping.
Shipping confirmations are sent automatically when the package is scanned by the carrier.
Personal orders are usually processed within three business days. We strive to exceed that timeline and process orders as quickly as possible.
Larger unit orders can take up to one week to ship based on added packaging and handling requirements.
Claims for international orders that are lost by the carrier or damaged in transit should be filed by the customer. Unfortunately, we're unable to insure USPS international orders, therefore, FedEx is the most reliable shipping option for international order.
3. What comes with a package or bundle?
Making any of our boards into a bundle completes the Battle Board system and reduces the price of purchasing the board and accessories separately. Each of our Battle Boards and accessories work together to protect maps and templates from the elements and to simplify your life through organization. Each bundle, depending on the level purchased (Essentials, Plus, Premium), could include a waterproof map pouch for each surface (therefore, a FiST package comes with two map pouches), a protective cover, a Staedtler permanent marker, an accessory pack, overlay sheets, or any number of other accessories that work as a system to protect the board and contents from water, dust, and abrasions.
4. Do you have NSNs for the boards?
We don't have NSNs at this time, but units and organizations have several routes for placing an order. Please check our Government page for options.
5. Why polycarbonate instead of Plexiglas
Our abrasion resistant polycarbonate surfaces provide the highest level of protection while retaining the best features of the plastic family of materials. They are virtually unbreakable and are self-extinguishing when set on fire. The abrasion resistant coating helps keep them in great condition for a longer life-cycle, and through the toughness of polycarbonate, our boards can even withstand being crushed by a vehicle and keep on performing.
Plexiglas (acrylic) on the other hand will shatter when bent and can easily burn with an open flame. It also yellows much faster in the sunlight. If you're looking to make your own battle board, we strongly suggest using polycarbonate instead of Plexiglass.
6. Do different sized boards fit together?
7. Replacement Polycarbonate
We offer replacement polycarbonate on our site. Please check the product page here.
8. Do you have a wholesale program?
For orders larger than allowed using a GPC, we occasionally use FedBid and iRAPT for competitive bidding. Contact us, for more information, or if the order is greater than your current GPC limit.
- Your position/title
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Model name, size, color, and quantity