Battle Board In-Person Experience
From our beginnings making analog operation tracking gear for the military, Battle Board has grown to offer a wide swath of products to the firefighting, law enforcement, and general outdoor community. We’re excited to share our knowledge via a semi-annual experience weekend. Gather together with other gear enthusiasts for learning, skill-building, and a good time. We’ll be limiting the group size to twenty for each weekend. Participants will get the opportunity to join us at our new facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Gear-making Experience (Two days) - Next event: 16-17 February 2024
Guests will spend a Friday and Saturday learning all about machines, methods, and materials of designing and manufacturing outdoor and tactical gear. The schedule will include selecting fabrics and materials, laser-cutting, sewing, and assembling outdoor gear from a selection of Battle Board designs. Learn how we design our gear, how it’s made, and the care we take in our quality control measures. Our lead sewers, designers, and supervisors will go through an instruction period and everyone will have a practical application period on the machines essential to producing high-quality gear. We’ll also take time for socializing with catered lunches and a happy hour at the local brewery. Topics covered will include the following:
- Sewing machine operation, sewing techniques, and personal practice prior to gear-making
- Specialty machine instruction and practice (bartack, chainstitch sewing machine, binders, post-bed machine, seam tape machine, laminator, auto-label press, and our class IV laser-cutting machine)
- Gear-making production (cutting, production, rework, quality control,...etc)
- Access to sample materials not normally used for production
- Each participant will make a selection of their own gear to take home as part of the learning experience
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join us for one of the fun weekends we’ll be hosting for our outdoor enthusiast community.