Battle Board Scout
We've added more colors and more sizes to one of our most popular items.
Now add a Gift Stuff Sack to your Scout...
Hikers, hunters, squad leaders, and smokejumpers want sturdy gear in lightweight packages. The flexible and durable Scout combines the clear protective cover of our larger Battle Boards - made with the highest quality materials available.
Small vs. Medium:
- Small and Medium Coyote and Small MultiCam Scouts have a half-pocket on the inner right panel, the other Medium Scouts and Small Heathered Grey / Slate / Fatigue Scouts have a zippered mesh pocket.
- The Small size is specially designed to fit the Rite in the Rain field books, stapled notebooks, and side spiral notebooks. The Medium size fits nearly every Moleskin sized notebook as well as the military green leader books.
- The Small (6" X 8") fits up to a 4 ⅝” x 7 ¼” notebook including most Rite-In-The-Rain notebooks.
- The Medium (7" X 9") fits up to a 5 ½” x 8 ½” notebook such as the common green leader's book, moleskin notebooks, and Rite-In-The-Rain notebooks, including the 1/2” loose leaf binder.
Do you have questions about Battle Boards? We have some commonly asked questions with answers listed below.
1. What's your return policy?
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Battle Board purchase so we will accept your return/exchange anytime. If there is a warranty issue with your order, we will we'll cover the cost of shipping back to us. Shipping for exchanges or returns of non-warranty issues are non-refundable and will incur a calculated fee for the return shipping back to our warehouse.
Your return or exchange must be unused, in its original packaging, and with all protective films intact. Products returned that are used, missing original packaging, or have had their protective films removed will not qualify for a refund. A return that is received by Battle Board that does not conform with the above policies may be shipped back to the customer at their expense.
Once a return has been initiated you will receive a prepaid and traceable USPS shipping label. Please drop this off at your local USPS location as soon as possible. Please note that you are responsible for your package until it has been received by Battle Board.
When we receive your return/exchange we will do everything possible to process your return or exchange within 2-3 business days of receipt. Please note that shipping is non-refundable.
Exchanges will be processed as Store Credit, allowing you to place another order for the items you prefer.
Battle Board® gear is guaranteed to be free from defects in materials, craftsmanship, and product failures for life.
- We will either repair or replace your Battle Board product.
- Sometimes when fulfilling a warranty claim the original item you ordered may be out of stock. In this event we will happily issue you an online store credit that you can use at www.battleboard.us. Your store credit never expires and can be used on any product available through Battle Board.
We know that you, the Battle Board user, are getting out there in the most rigorous and austere of environments and are sometimes left out to fight against the elements. This is where our gear shines. Unfortunately though, we do not accept warranties for normal wear and tear or for gear that has been involved in an accident, modified, used against its intended use, exposed to extreme conditions (such as being left in a hot vehicle), or was purchased from a non-authorized reseller.
Warranty requests submitted for products purchased outside the United States will be handled on a case by case basis and may require additional shipping costs.
When submitting a warranty claim ensure that you select exchange for your reason for return and please write a short note explaining the issue you are experiencing.
Once your warranty return has been approved you will receive a prepaid and traceable USPS shipping label. Please drop this off at your local USPS location as soon as possible. Please note that you are responsible for your package until it has been received by Battle Board.
Please allow up to 5 business days for your warranty to be processed once it has been received by Battle Board.
2. Free shipping, shipping confirmations, and packaging time:
Free shipping applies to personal orders to the continental (lower 48) United States. APO/FPO, international, and unit/organizational orders do not qualify for free shipping.
Shipping confirmations are sent automatically when the package is scanned by the carrier.
Personal orders are usually processed within three business days. We strive to exceed that timeline and process orders as quickly as possible.
Larger unit orders can take up to one week to ship based on added packaging and handling requirements.
3. What comes with a package or bundle?
Making any of our boards into a bundle completes the Battle Board system and reduces the price of purchasing the board and accessories separately. Each of our Battle Boards and accessories work together to protect maps and templates from the elements and to simplify your life through organization. Each bundle, depending on the level purchased (Essentials, Plus, Premium), could include a waterproof map pouch for each surface (therefore, a FiST package comes with two map pouches), a protective cover, a Staedtler permanent marker, an accessory pack, overlay sheets, or any number of other accessories that work as a system to protect the board and contents from water, dust, and abrasions.
4. Do you have NSNs for the boards?
We don't have NSNs at this time, but units and organizations have several routes for placing an order. Please check our Government page for options.
5. Why polycarbonate instead of Plexiglas
Our abrasion resistant polycarbonate surfaces provide the highest level of protection while retaining the best features of the plastic family of materials. They are virtually unbreakable and are self-extinguishing when set on fire. The abrasion resistant coating helps keep them in great condition for a longer life-cycle, and through the toughness of polycarbonate, our boards can even withstand being crushed by a vehicle and keep on performing.
Plexiglas (acrylic) on the other hand will shatter when bent and can easily burn with an open flame. It also yellows much faster in the sunlight. If you're looking to make your own battle board, we strongly suggest using polycarbonate instead of Plexiglass.
6. Do different sized boards fit together?
7. Replacement Polycarbonate
We offer replacement polycarbonate on our site. Please check the product page here.
8. Do you have a wholesale program?
For orders larger than allowed using a GPC, we occasionally use FedBid and iRAPT for competitive bidding. Contact us, for more information, or if the order is greater than your current GPC limit.
- Your position/title
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Model name, size, color, and quantity